Architectural hanger rod
• High-performance anchor
• Simple connection to the structure
• Quick installation
An architectural anchor
A fork is a simple, efficient and elegant way to anchor a structural rod to a structure. A metal plate with a hole is sufficient, making the need for sophisticated connections unnecessary.
For all the rod diameters and grades mentioned below, we offer a range of aesthetic and functional forks that provide all the required qualities in terms of strength and durability.
Hanger rods offer numerous advantages:
• Simplicity: during installation (prefabricated hangers can be delivered directly to site) and maintenance,
• Durability: steel hangers are galvanized or plated; the SS460 range is made from high quality stainless steel,
• Aesthetics: the same design regardless of the forces involved,
• Angular correction: fork design allows for 0.5°, which is usually enough to compensate for potential structural
• Adjustment: adjustment range is equal to the diameter of the rod, making visual inspection quick and simple,
• Tension: tension and direct tension of rods can be controlled,
• Strength: range components modelled using finite element studies,
• Endurance: the system has successfully withstood two million fatigue test cycles at an amplitude of 110 MPa and 55% of rod UTS.
Three hanger ranges
Three hanger ranges are available depending on project requirements:
• SS460 is based on the use of stainless steel rods with a yield strength of 460 MPa.
• S520 is based on the use of carbon steel rods with a yield strength of 520 MPa.
• Special hangers is based on the use of carbon steel + HSA rods with a yield strength of 870 MPa, largely surpassing other rods available on the market while ensuring optimum fatigue resistance. This rod optimises the design of the structure by reducing the number of hangers or the diameter of the rods.
Class 12 UPGRADED
|F tension Max(1)
|M45||4,5||1 306||10,83||1 567||1 410||1 254|
|M56||5,5||2 030||16,84||2 436||2 192||1 949|
|M64||6||2 675||22,14||3 210||2 889||2 568|
|M72||6||3 459||28,44||4 151||3 736||3 321|
|M76||6||3 889||31,89||4 667||4 200||3 733|
|M80||6||4 344||35,61||5 213||4 691||4 170|
(1) Maximum Tensioning Force in accordance with Eurocode 2 ; Local regulation may apply.
Class 10 UPGRADED
|F tension Max(1)
|M45||4,5||1 306||10,83||1 397||1 175||1 058|
|M56||5,5||2 030||16,84||2 172||1 827||1 644|
|M64||6||2 675||22,14||2 862||2 408||2 167|
|M72||6||3 459||28,44||3 701||3 113||2 802|
|M76||6||3 889||31,89||4 161||3 500||3 150|
|M80||6||4 344||35,61||4 648||3 909||3 518|
(1) Maximum Tensioning Force in accordance with ’Eurocode 2 ; Local regulation may apply.
• End threaded rods complying to:
– Tensile rod steel grade according to EN10083
– Ultrasonic testing of primary bar according to EN 10308
– Magnetic particle inspection of heat treated bar according to NF A04-121
– Resilience ISO V measured according to EN 10045-1
– Tensile properties measured according to EN10002.
• Nut steel grade according to EN10083 : Class of quality according to EN 20898-2
• Washer steel grade according to EN10083
• Plate steel grade according to EN10025-2
• Thread obtained by cold deformation: Geometry according to ISO 965-1 – fine pitch
|Class 10||Class 12|
Modulus of elasticity : 200 GPa (indicative value)
* Nominal value
Please contact us regarding diameters not listed above.
Couplers and turnbuckles corresponding to the rods described above enable the use of H Rod hangers for hanger lengths that exceed the maximum unit lengths of the rods.